re-splining C-body axles

-

ike61

Reaction score
how strong/reliable are re-splined C-body axles? I want to switch my 69 dart to big bolt pattern.

..............Speaking from experiance i dont recommend it.......i've twisted off both sets...........if u run slicks, then u tear out the sprag in the rear of the tranny.........is it worth it? definately not, for what u can buy big bolt axles for now.......kim........

..............Speaking from experiance i dont recommend it.......i've twisted off both sets...........if u run slicks, then u tear out the sprag in the rear of the tranny.........is it worth it? definately not, for what u can buy big bolt axles for now.......kim........
I agree. Unless you have the splines properly heat treated, they're weak. Save your pennies and get some good aftermarket ones and drive worry-free.

how strong/reliable are re-splined C-body axles? I want to switch my 69 dart to big bolt pattern.

well so far I have 18 runs on my car and they still look good. I run a 500Hp motor with an automatic, 4.10 gears, Dot slicks.

-
Back