Ready to get started ............ again

-

bcseydel

68 Dart GT Conv. 340/727
Reaction score
Hi All,
I joined a couple of years ago when I first started on my Dart but health problems have delayed my project. You gotta be pretty sick not to work on a car! I'm 18 months cancer free and feeling much better.
A friend "gave" me the car in December 08. He had a derelict son in law that had started to part it out so he took it from him and put it in storage. I paid the past due storage fees and we towed it up from the valley.
I found a 340/727 (orig. 318/904 car) combo in a drag car (only 1000 miles 1/4 mile at a time!). I'm probably going to get a milder cam as I'm hoping for a daily driver.
It has 9 inch drums and 7 1/4 rear end so that is my next project along with some interior work. It needs paint and a new top, maybe this winter. I'll do a brighter yellow with black top and stripe.
The site is terrific, lots of great information.
Its a good life,
Craig

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 157
  • 002.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 150
  • 003.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 121
  • 004.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 123
Congrats on BOTH accounts being Cancer free and the car! Looks great!

Congrats from one survivor to another and a great project

Welcome back, and such great news to share on your return! The car looks terrific. You're obviously doing something right so whatever it is ... keep it up. :-D

You are an inspiration to all of us!
Congrats on beating this nasty disease, a friend of mine has it and it's in remission. There were some tough times, but it is all good now.
I hope it's the same for you now, he is now doing what he wants in life and is happy.
He's restoring a '71 Demon to his tastes and also working hard on cars as well as racing circle track in the truck class (and doing well) first place so far this season!. That's what he wants to do.
Now he is.
And i hope you do the same.
God bless you and now is the time to take care of your dreams.

Awesome project and sounds like the price was right! Glad you beat cancer,that is awesome!!

-
Back