Ready to go?

-

Mopower71

Speed Demon
Reaction score
Hey all you racers. Are you ready to rock?
Opening day for LVD is less that 2 weeks away.
I'll be on the phone on a minute with Summit, to get the rest of the peices I need. Then it's a mad dash to get this thing screwed together. And hopefully I can get the traction device payed for and shipped here in time.
If it's not the weekend of the 3rd, I'll have to wait until the weekend of the 16.

race season is coming realy quick... my car is still in the garage waiting for som parts and for me to rebuild my spare gearbox because it blew up last summer..

I loaded my car and all the equipment in the trailer yesterday! I am ready. I am planning on going to either Maple Grove in Pa., or Cecil county in Maryland this coming saturday.. NumidiaRaceway, my home track, doesn't open for 2 more weeks.

Nope, not ready at all. I'm waiting on a new torque converter, valve body and disc brake system to show up. I still have to finish the wiring for the alternator, install the new distributor, adjust the valves, and fire it up to make sure the intake isn't leaking anymore.

My wife's mother is coming up this week for 3 weeks, she'll keep my kid busy so I can spend more time in the garage. I hope.

My wife's mother is coming up this week for 3 weeks, she'll keep my kid busy so I can spend more time in the garage. I hope.[/quote]

Hell, why not just give 'em both some wrenches?

sickt7cuda said:
My wife's mother is coming up this week for 3 weeks, she'll keep my kid busy so I can spend more time in the garage. I hope.

Hell, why not just give 'em both some wrenches?

Well, the old woman is blind, and the kid is 4. I don't need either of them wrenching on my race car. :D

Well Norm you've seen the chaos here, but I guess I coud always drive the Skyline up the,re on a Wednesday night for a bit of street action,although I think the drive up there would be the most exciting part

Just dreamin' about race's, it will take here almost two month's more before we got a chance to race...

I hate snow and cold weather, which both are here right now...

Käkö said:
Just dreamin' about race's, it will take here almost two month's more before we got a chance to race...

sweden and finland has the same weater as far as i know and that sucks...

Mopower71 said:
Hey all you racers. Are you ready to rock?
Opening day for LVD is less that 2 weeks away.
I'll be on the phone on a minute with Summit, to get the rest of the peices I need. Then it's a mad dash to get this thing screwed together. And hopefully I can get the traction device payed for and shipped here in time.
If it's not the weekend of the 3rd, I'll have to wait until the weekend of the 16.
sorry to be so stupid but when u all say are we ready to go racing,what kind of racing are u doing are u in competion or is it just time to hit the gruge night secene?i know some of u are in the comp classes but how many are just out to see what all yur hard money can do on the track?Im almost ready with the Zombie to hit the streets an do some local drag racing to test all the new goods but im not going to see the real track thill nexk summer :thumleft:
MIKE

my own hobby is almost built around racing on the street but here you can do it legaly on some weeknights we have aranged 1/8mile races :)

A lot of guys just go for test and tune for fun.

Im not even close to ready. Still a few weeks away from getting in to my garage.

is there anything like legal streetraces in U.S?

for the swedish races www.blackrace.nu

´wish is a great way to be able to make streatracers understand that its more fun to race against the clock!

I'll be racing for points in Super/Pro class, at Numidia Raceway, Numidia, Pa.. I should have all the bugs worked out of the car for this year!! But you never know?

I should just have to dump the anti-freeze, refill with water, dump 5 gallons of Super in the cell, charge the battery and turn the key. The hardest part will be getting the truck hooked back up.

tweety said:
Well Norm you've seen the chaos here, but I guess I coud always drive the Skyline up the,re on a Wednesday night for a bit of street action,although I think the drive up there would be the most exciting part

It shouldn't take you very long to get up there either :shock:
Dang, you could drive it up the parkway, go racing and drive back and still have plenty of fuel left.

I need a 6' piece of 6-an and a few 1/8"npt to 6-an 90's.I just looked and I don't have enough. I have one more place to check then,
Back on the phone to summit.

duster340 said:
Käkö said:

Yep, but usually you guys in Sweden get to the strip earlier than we here in Finland, like now there is Stockholm temperature like 35 F and here is 20 F, so we freeze here and stockholm's snow is melting away...

Which part of Sweden you live, duster340 ?

Wow, this is going to northen europe topic...

Käkö said:
duster340 said:
Käkö said:

Yep, but usually you guys in Sweden get to the strip earlier than we here in Finland, like now there is Stockholm temperature like 35 F and here is 20 F, so we freeze here and stockholm's snow is melting away...

Which part of Sweden you live, duster340 ?

Wow, this is going to northen europe topic...

tru that we usuly get a little headstart on you from finland but its cold here right now its -9degres celcius i live in stockholm! were do you live?

Almost ready.
The 4:30's are in. trans on bench, valve body going in.
New torque convertor is here.
Pedestal being fabricated for Quarter stck.

I run in ET Heavy bracket classes. No electronics, no trans brakes. I haven't ruled out going into an electronics class, but for now, I really enjoy this class.

My wife races class street D. Cars with engines over 6 litres, heads-up and using pro-tree for start.
West coast street cup with four races is one series which she has driven and this season she will go to the Finnish nationals series in a same class...
Six races she's driving if the Valiant holds up...

-
Back