Ready to shoot my 273

-
The tough part about diagnosing problems over the net is that we can't see or hear what's going on. We can just make suggestions. There's lots of seasoned mechanics here on FABO willing to help. If you can't get it fixed through your computer you may have to seek a local guy to help you out. Mike

Stroker Scamp, I wasn't implying I was not getting good advice. What I was/am saying is that I cannot afford all the specialty equipment to check out everything that everyone is suggesting I do. Therefore, it would probably cheaper for me in the long run to take the car to a professional mechanic. When I used the italic to highlight real, I was implying that I am not a real mechanic, just a duffer. I do appreciate all the suggestions and help that everyone has given me. In fact the car ran better the last time I drove it after doing some of the suggestions I have been given.

Thank you,

Dan in Silicon Valley

Stroker Scamp, I wasn't implying I was not getting good advice. What I was/am saying is that I cannot afford all the specialty equipment to check out everything that everyone is suggesting I do. Therefore, it would probably cheaper for me in the long run to take the car to a professional mechanic. When I used the italic to highlight real, I was implying that I am not a real mechanic, just a duffer. I do appreciate all the suggestions and help that everyone has given me. In fact the car ran better the last time I drove it after doing some of the suggestions I have been given.

Thank you,

Dan in Silicon Valley
Did you get it to idle in drive? Let us know what the findings were?:wav:

I have just one question do you still run the mech fuel pump and if so have you replaced it as i have similar problem as old pump failed and the replacement pump was at 6 psi and my 2 barrel carb could only handle 3-4 psi this caused the carb to flood.just something else to look in to.

-
Back