Really like your car but then all of a sudden you want to swap for another

-
if you dream of a car you need to try it out to see if it really is a dream or just an infatuation, I found out with E-bodies that they seem cool and I was into it at one time but after owning a couple ....I don't like Es.

you never know when you might stumble on something you like but never thought you would like. I never thought a 72 dart would be one of favorite cars till I got one that is turning out to be one of the best cars I have ever had.

Yup...the chopper for me. While I do enjoy the bike it does not give me the absolute thrill that my old GSXR1000 gave me....

Reminds me of a true story. Years ago a business friend of my Dad's in my home town, was the Texaco oil guy. He had bought a new 25th anniversary Corvette. I always thought they were ugly

He didn't keep it very long and sold it. This was long before I had any concept of "flipping" or investments

I ask' 'im........"if you weren't gonna keep the car why'd ya buy it?"

He says "Everything I got is for sale except my wife, and if you offer me enough, we'll talk about her, too!!!"

Some men do that with wives.............

I do it instead of wives! I love my Darts, but I can get pulled astray by a classy fullsize car, with all their nice chrome and premium interior pieces, or a factory fullsize bucket/console car.

Daily drivers...keep forever...don't care.

See my problem is I end up wanting to hotrod and fix up all my daily drivers then I realize I can't afford it so I get bored and sell it or trade it for a car I think I'll like better!! I told my wife when I bought my truck a few weeks back "I'm gonna keep my truck for a long time. If it means spending money for upgrades to keep me interested then I'll just have to spend the money and stay interested!" Lol

Reminds me of a true story. Years ago a business friend of my Dad's in my home town, was the Texaco oil guy. He had bought a new 25th anniversary Corvette. I always thought they were ugly

He didn't keep it very long and sold it. This was long before I had any concept of "flipping" or investments

I ask' 'im........"if you weren't gonna keep the car why'd ya buy it?"

He says "Everything I got is for sale except my wife, and if you offer me enough, we'll talk about her, too!!!"

Guy goes up to a girl in the bar and says: "Would you have sex with me for 50 dollars?"
She says : "WHAT KIND OF GIRL DO YOU THINK I AM?"
He says : "Would you have sex with me for 5 thousand dollars"?
She says " Well...."
He interrupts her and says "Now that we've determined what kind of girl you are, let's discuss price".

yes lots of good HONEST comments! is this like somekinda AAAA meetings!????
a general trait of a Mopar guy is he wants everyone he comes across! wonder is chevy and ford guys tend to be that way???
working on a particular model seems to either help or hurt the infatuation with it. take it apart and put it back, we see all the shortcomings, and maybe takes away. ?? maybe it would be better to find out that 68-70 b body's trunk WILL leak!! no matter what! before we sell out *** to get the b body!! LOL

My dad sells his cars pretty often. Had his 65 fastback mustang 2 years and sold it for a 60 f100. Missed going fast so he got a 68 fastback mustang, missed cruising so he got a cheap 66 f100, sold that and now he wants a old tbird. He kept all the cars a while so I wouldn't call it flipping and he always made money. If you really want another car then be smart about selling the one you have.

I guess the key to sellin and making a profit, is " buy low, sell higher, and spend NO money on it in the meantime"!?????? seems I always have to work on it which always requires buying it parts and stuff!!?????
maybe like the guy I know that goes to the gamble boat and always "wins"! LOL

-
Back