Really need some help, car pulling left and right

-

john_the_great

Reaction score
I posted a while back about my car pulling randomly to either left or right. I still can't figure it out. Since then I have swapped in a 360(which doesn't really have anything to do with the problem) and changed the ball joints and upper control arm bushings. I got it aligned and it still pulls randomly to either the left or right, i am at my wits end! Any ideas? thanks.

What are the condition of the front tires? Did you get an alignment printout? If so, can you post a readable copy here? Dave

My car was walking all over the road, ended up being the idler arm...didnt really give us much to work off of yet but thought id throw that out there, best thing iv'e found for any front end issues is to climb under have someone rock the steering wheel back and forth and see what isnt moving right.

I am assuming the alignment shop has done just that...a pre-alignment undercar inspection & test drive prior to mounting any sensors.....

could it be wheel bearings need replaced and or repacked and check for wear ?
I would jack the front end up off the ground and grab the tire on the top and see how much wiggle you have, I bout a truck back a few years ago and did my usual service duties and man!! I could not believe they drove it on badly worn wheel bearings.

Hey dmoore you need a bigger picture in your signature. That one is to small!

If it is still wondering there is something that worn out, damage, not adjusted correctly.

Power steering or manual??

Check your strut rod bushings. If you have not replaced them they're probably bad. If they're bad you'd notice it mostly on braking.

TIRES can also cause this, and frustrate you to no end

Its power steering, and ive already done all the wiggling, fighting, and have had most of it apart... but i think i have a lead, ill post some pics. 67Dart you have a good point but i think this is beyond tires, although im going to switch to another set just to make sure. Thanks you guys for all the input!

Here is some pics of my lower control arm bushings, they don't look very good do they? do you think this is my problem? Ive already changed the uppers and my ball joints

DSCN3295.jpg

DSCN3289.jpg

One of my tires started feathering really bad so I took it to have it checked out. The place I took it to aligns old cars as well as new but they are known preferably for old cars. I suggest that you find a old school alignment shop in your area. Anyways it turned out to be the lower control arm bushings was worn. He said it wouldn't hold alignment. So I rebuilt the entire front end. I don't know exactly what he did but he climbed underneath my car with a pry bar and pried something (lower control arm somehow)then came out and told me the news. After I got the front end apart and looked at the bushings he was correct. You might be onto something. Do you hear any squeaking noises when you are on the road? I know when the lower bushings go they squeak.... mine did.

-
Back