Rear axle brake line clips

-

66CudaJim

66 cuda
Reaction score
Merry Christmas everyone!

I'm getting ready to send my 8 3/4 rear in to be powder coated but I need some type of clip on the axle to hold the brake lines. Anyone know of anything that would weld on to the axle good for that purpose? Has anyone ever replaced those clips before? Mine were broken and rusted on this axle I bought. I can't seem to find anything specifically made for that application.
Thanks,
Jim

Knowing how Mother Mopar did certain things as cheap as possible, I've be willing to bet those brake line fasteners were just strips of metal spot weld at one end, then when the brake line was installed, just pushed over the brake line in whatever fashion worked.

Knowing how Mother Mopar did certain things as cheap as possible, I've be willing to bet those brake line fasteners were just strips of metal spot weld at one end, then when the brake line was installed, just pushed over the brake line in whatever fashion worked.

I'm thinkin' you're right, lol.

I got tons of those in my van. We use them to fasten drop wire to telephone poles. Mine are sort of rectangle though......probably squeeze them around a bolt to shape them. Flag down a telephone van and ask for a few.

-
Back