Rear Axle Brake Line Question

-

e50095

Reaction score
I'm working on a 73 8 1/4 that has no brake lines between the wheel cylinders. I was looking at the tee block on ebay from inline tube, and it says 1959 to 1996. Does that mean I can go to the Upullit and take one off an 80's van. That'd be like 5 bucks as opposed to 35 for a tee block and vent tube from ebay. The underlying condition here is I look for any excuse to go to the junkyard and have fun as opposed to ordering parts from my couch. I assume some of you have this same disease lol.

The second question is on hard lines. A big roll of brake line isn't too expensive and I have a flaring tool, but where do I score the compression fittings. I don't see them anywhere on rockauto under the brake section, or anywhere on the advance auto site.

Thanks guys...

The auto parts stores should have the fittings.
It takes a double flare for brake lines.

Don't look for "compression fittings" they are a different animal. You want "inverted flare" nuts (double flare).

And as far as the t fitting on diff goes, yup. Wrecking yard and any older mopar will provide the T you need. I think the pickup trucks and vans use a hose with the T block built in. My preference.

Original ptube size is 3/16" not 1/4".
Don't forget to put the fitting on the tube before flaring.

If you find a donor block, take the fastener/vent with it. Also, the flare fittings so attached may be good enough to clean up and re-use (if not rusted in place).

-
Back