Rear Axle Brake Lines

-

Riddler

Project EH-Body
Reaction score
I have an E body rear axle that's been cut down to 54 1/4". I want to get some stainless steel lines made for my car.

I've had to weld the hole where the stock vent tube goes as it was right where my 4-link tab was welded.

I've looked at the different style A-body brake lines and it looks like the 67-69 Dart/Barracuda lines and vent tube locations would work well for me.

Does anyone have the location of the 67-69 brake lines? Maybe a picture with a tape measure or measurements.

Also how long are the brake lines from the vent tube to the mounting flange on a stock length rear axle? Mine being cut down I need to have the brake lines cut down.

Thank you in advance,

Riddler

You just go to your local auto store get brake lines and a flaring kit and then you just make your own and bend the braking lines the way you need it to go. That's probably easier then finding some

Yes I've thought of that but I'm hoping to purchase stainless steel brake lines. Also if you've ever flared and cut stainless lines you know you need a really good flaring tool and proper cutter.

The reason I'm asking the questions I have is because I'm about 30 min. from Inline Tube and can get custom lines made up. But I need a starting point, either the location of the vent tube or the measurement for the stock lines.

Riddler

Might also consider if you are to tow/ trailer your car. One irritation with me is trying to get tie-downs over the / under the brake tubes on a rear axle. If you install 'em on the rear "upper 3/4" of the axle, they will be below the crown, and allow the tie-downs to clear pretty will.

I ran mine along the floor,and ran through frame fittings on the end.....made it easier after doing the 4link and sway bar. Also tow straps as mentioned above

You could probably do em with some wire, then take it to Inline tube since you are so close.

-
Back