Rear backrest removal 63 Valiant convertible

-
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Im trying to get the rear backrest from a 1963 Valiant convertible out of the car. I know how to get the part of the rear seat that you sit on out, but want to take the back rest of the rear bench seat out. Tried pulling up, pushing down - but no go.
What am I missing??? Getting a bit tired of laying in the trunk!!!
Thanks

If its like a '65 valiant vert, there are 2 bolts at the bottom of the seat back holding it to the floor pan. Remove these and push up on the seatback to unlock the tabs at the top.

Attachments

• 111111111111111111111111111111seatback.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 129
It will probably not be a bolt it will likely be a little metal tab that is bent over the seat wire. 1 tab per side and you just unbend them and pull the bottom of the seat back forward and then lift upwards as soon as you clear the tabs. good luck

ok - a couple good ideas to try out - thanks.
Raining here - will update u folks when weather clears and I can look at it again....

Hi guys - I did find the two bolts that held the seatback down, simple 3/8th ratchet, popped them out, lifted up and out it came!!! Thanks to all - especially '65 Valiant" for the picture - it will also help me figure out where to put in the rear seat belts....
happy motoring :cheers:

-
Back