Rear Bench

-

34072demon

Reaction score
Is the rear bench frame for a 72 demon the same as a 74 duster? I'm trying to recover a frame from a 74 duster with a 72 cover. Is it gonna work? It sure don't look like it will.

Is the rear bench frame for a 72 demon the same as a 74 duster? I'm trying to recover a frame from a 74 duster with a 72 cover. Is it gonna work? It sure don't look like it will.

What doesn't look right?

From the Legendary Catalog the Duster/Demon is listed as being the same with the order codes as the '74 Dart Sport/Duster. Jamison's '72 Duster has a backseat from a '74 in it. Fit like a glove.

Did they have the fold down option in 74? If it's a fold down it will be different.

Thanks for the info. More form me. I found out the back bench which is what i am trying to recover came from a 75 duster. the 75 frame is not a fold down, so would the bench frame still be the same as a 72? also what dosen't look right is that the cover looks like it will not strech over the frame. after talking to a friend he said try to heat up the cover by laying it in the sun. well in minnesota in the winter that can be tough to do.

Thanks for the info. More form me. I found out the back bench which is what i am trying to recover came from a 75 duster. the 75 frame is not a fold down, so would the bench frame still be the same as a 72? also what dosen't look right is that the cover looks like it will not strech over the frame. after talking to a friend he said try to heat up the cover by laying it in the sun. well in minnesota in the winter that can be tough to do.

The rear bench would still be the same, maybe try taking a hair dryer to the seat cover to warm it up a bit.

-
Back