Rear Clicking Noise

-

KP

Reaction score
After putting my new rear set up in I have a clicking noise when driving. The faster I go the faster the noise is. The only thing I can think of is the e-brake cable behind the break drums did not seek right.

Any Suggestions?

You'll need to jack it up and turn the wheels by hand. Could be anything from a U joint to a rock in a wheel cover. Go hunting or buy ear plugs :)
Good luck

If looks as if the heads of the studs are making contacting with the e-brake cross bar.

Any suggestions short of pulling the axiles?

if there is no offset in the spreader bar flipping it wouldn't help but grinding or filing in 2 little undercuts would. I certainly wouldn't grind the heads on the studs.

I would jack the car up so the tires clear the ground and set it on jack stands. Crank the car up and let it idle in neutral and the driveshaft and tires will turn. That's how I located a bad Auburn differential before. It ruled out the u-joints and anything brake related because I could hear it coming from the axle housing. That is if you still don't know what it is.

I would jack the car up so the tires clear the ground and set it on jack stands. Crank the car up and let it idle in neutral and the driveshaft and tires will turn. That's how I located a bad Auburn differential before. It ruled out the u-joints and anything brake related because I could hear it coming from the axle housing. That is if you still don't know what it is.

What would it be in the axle housing? All internal parts are new...

What would it be in the axle housing? All internal parts are new...

I was just suggesting that's how I found out my differential was bad when I heard something while driving my truck. The faster I went faster the noise was. I wasn't saying that you have something wrong with you differential.

When I had my truck on jack stands with the trans in drive and the tires spinning it was easy to locate the noise. Kind of hard to locate the noise while driving down the road.

-
Back