rear disc brake conversions and E brake Early A

-

djwhog

Reaction score
OK I have been thinking about going with the new 11" rear Wilwoods disc for the rear of my 64 Dart. I think this is a decent size brake and a good fit for a lite early A body. In the past they offer the 12s and up sizes. I am running 15" rims so no issues. Car is street street not a daily driver but I think the racing rear disc are a no go even for little street use per wilwood too.

I just need to make sure that he 8 3/4 is the standard popular offset etc. before I place the order for the right kit and I will get blank hats and have them drilled for the small 4" pattern too.

My question is this. I ran the 3" TTI exhaust full to back on the 416 fro mthe TTI headers, the factory E brake cables have no room, and I can not see how to make them work. The relocation of the guides etc are i nthe way of the pipes.

It would be nice to get the rear disc with the E brake built in, and from what I understand then you use the factory E brake cables etc to make it work.

But if I went with a non E brake rear disc from say Wilwood is there any other type of e brake I could install?

I know in the old days I even saw a large drum brake on a drive shaft.

Just curious is there any thing else i can do since I can not see a way to make the factory E brake cables work?

thanks guys :)

Anybody have any solutions for E brake in the above TTI early A installation?

Try tsmmfg.com , I just installed their rear brake kit on my 67 Dart with 15" Steelie wheels. The kit comes with rear P brake adapters but I just went ahead and bought new cables from controlcables.com. They did a great Job on the cables and they were reasonable at $80.00 for the pair. You dont want to go too big on your Rotors, these just fit with 15's any bigger will hit the wheel.

You can see what I did here.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=101437

My Wilwoods just barely clear 15" aluminum wheels but not steel wheels. I had to use a spacer to use steels.

Give Cass a call at DoctorDiff.com. His rear brake kits are better than the Wilwood stuff. Listen to Cass and he'll set you up with something that works for you.

-
Back