Rear disc Brakes on 8 3/4

-
Private messege me and we can work something out. At this moment in time I have been in a mad rush as the fiance decided I was no longer #1... and left.. so I have to move everything. I should be getting to everything in a short period time... just have to shake off the b.s.

Oh ****. Thats sad. Similar here. GF decided to study again. Different town, different Country. Not coming back to Germany or me.
So it is good in the moment to work on the car all evenings not to end up in discussions

Private messege me and we can work something out. At this moment in time I have been in a mad rush as the fiance decided I was no longer #1... and left.. so I have to move everything. I should be getting to everything in a short period time... just have to shake off the b.s.

How is it going? All better? Did you do a new set? PLease note that i found out because of torching the holes are not really lining up. Having a new set with correct Position of the caliper and which can be bolt together without making the holes oval would be so great...

I've been looking at solutions as well and think I will order the appropriate year Mustang cables for the calipers than see what I have to do to make everything work. I do intend on losing the A Body handbrake and going to a pull-up brake mounted by the buddy seat.

I charge $120 usd for the bracket package. Comes with all the fasteners, instructions and brackets. Only thing you need to supply is the calipers and rotors from a 2000 base model ford mustang and I also used the rear emergency brake lines from the same mustang and moved the e brake bracket under my 67 dart to fit all the lines perfectly.

I have his bracket kit and am super pleased with it and his service! My 8.75 is sitting on a homemade stand all assembled waiting to go in the wagon.

EDIT: and 14 inch Magnum 500s fit my combo which is his adapters and the 2000 base Mustang calipers/rotors - don't know about 14 inch Rallyes or steelies.

Last edited:
I've been looking at solutions as well and think I will order the appropriate year Mustang cables for the calipers than see what I have to do to make everything work. I do intend on losing the A Body handbrake and going to a pull-up brake mounted by the buddy seat.
thats what i did. but the original Mustang e brake handle i don't feel too good with. It works perfect but doesn't feel good. Used also the original Mustang cable. You Need to do a small bracket were the upper part of the cables are ending.

thats what i did. but the original Mustang e brake handle i don't feel too good with. It works perfect but doesn't feel good. Used also the original Mustang cable. You Need to do a small bracket were the upper part of the cables are ending.

Do you have any pictures of your setup?

i did that in may and was under pressure. Forgot to make Pictures. But as i said, I am not so happy with the handle. You can't adjust each side seperatly. I will look for a different handle like from an old BMW.

I only have pics like this before i put the cables on.

248A2C99-C409-403C-9C9F-5527BBFD8D17.jpg

Thanks for the pics. That's exactly the same way they are routed on the Mustang so I'm not surprised they fell into place. So you think some kind of BMW handle might be a better choice?

FYI, backing plates from an 8.75 bolt on an 8.25, with an unused hole. Can't see why this kit wouldn't work on an 8.25 just fine. Can't remember for sure, but wouldn't be surprised if the 8.25 backing plates had 5 holes.

Wish it worked with the 11.65" rotors...:poke:

got to figure that out with a BMW handle. I know you can adjust both single cables. And that makes totally sense. And you don't Need to cut a hole in the tunnel because of the spring which is in the handle.
here you can see where the cables are ending to the front. you Need to fab such a bracket.

mustang-rear-parking-brake-cable-020.jpg

this is the handle. You see that you have to cut a hole for the sheave with the cable into the tunnel. cable routs into the other direction off course

001.jpg

BMW handle Looks like this. BMW came first into my mind, i am open for other ideas but Ford I doesn't like. If you use the Ford e brake you also have to tension the spring first before the Brakes are engaging. If you wanna drift it is sub optimal :)

post-9345-1423442428,4249.png

installed ( in a e30 BMW like a 325i ) it Looks like this. engaged. just needs a cover

382364_bmw-syndikat_bild_high.jpg

or using the whole BMW middle console? :)

View attachment 1714985417

And if that doesn't work, there are probably dozens of other types of vehicles from which you can pirate a console. Take a stroll through the interior forums...lots of folks have either taken them from other cars or made their own from MDF or in some cases even fabricated from fiberglass.

And if that doesn't work, there are probably dozens of other types of vehicles from which you can pirate a console. Take a stroll through the interior forums...lots of folks have either taken them from other cars or made their own from MDF or in some cases even fabricated from fiberglass.
i know. but i prefer something european / german i can find for nothing in the Yard. just looking for ideas.

I would assume you would prefer a European/German make of vehicle...(a) you're there (b) it's what you know...

So if I understand this correctly, this set up will move the wheels out 1/4" per side correct?

I have his bracket kit and am super pleased with it and his service! My 8.75 is sitting on a homemade stand all assembled waiting to go in the wagon.

EDIT: and 14 inch Magnum 500s fit my combo which is his adapters and the 2000 base Mustang calipers/rotors - don't know about 14 inch Rallyes or steelies.

Found this thread, and am interested. I have a stock 8.75 rear with small bolt pattern and 14" Rallye wheels. I would assume the brackets will fit just fine and the rotors will just need to be drilled to small bolt pattern? I really don't want to change to BBP, since the front is all rebuilt and ready with discs.

Can you measure the inner diameter of your Magnum 500's and I can compare to my Rallyes.

-
Back