rear end conversion..4-4.5

-

gniknayrb18

Reaction score
ok i have an option to buy a complete 8 3/4 rear. it has everything including the 4 in bolt pattern. my demon already has been converted to the 4.5 bolt pattern but it has a 7 3/4 rear in it. what would i need to convert the 8 3/4 to 4.5...is there anything i can pull off the old 7 3/4 to make this work

ok i have an option to buy a complete 8 3/4 rear. it has everything including the 4 in bolt pattern. my demon already has been converted to the 4.5 bolt pattern but it has a 7 3/4 rear in it. what would i need to convert the 8 3/4 to 4.5...

Axles.

is there anything i can pull off the old 7 3/4 to make this work

No as far as axles. You might be able to use some brake hardware.

so just axles...the 8 3/4 has a drum set up and the 7 3/4 is disc so i would need the whole conversion or can i reuse rotors and calipers

7 3/4. Not familiar with that one. Changing from disc to drum you will have to change the master cylinder, proportioning valve, and probably some lines to make it work. tmm

Not sure if you can use the 8.25 discs on the 8.75 as the axle offset may be different. The 8.75 uses pressed bearings on the axles where as the 8.25 bearings are in the housing. From what I've read, you can use discs on 8.75 with "green bearings". Of course I may be wrong.

-
Back