Rear End ID HELP!!

-
Here's what I came up with from the fender tag.....if I entered everything correctly. :D

Plymouth Barracuda 2 Door Sports Hardtop
ENGINE: 318cid 2-bbl V8
TRANSMISSION: 3-Speed Automatic
TIRES: D70x14 White Sidewall
MODEL YEAR: 1968
BUILD DATE: October 23.
AXLE: 3.23 Rear Axle Ratio
INTERIOR: High Trim Grade, Vinyl Bucket Seats. White on Blue Interior.
PAINT: Bright Blue Metallic (Dodge), Electric Blue Metallic (Plymouth).
OTHER: Light Blue Metallic (Dodge), Frost Blue Metallic (Plymouth) Upper Door Frame Color.
MOLDINGS:
14: Sill Mouldings
25: Drip Rail Mouldings
30: Body Belt Mouldings
73: Unknown Option
ABC OPTIONS:
R1: AM Radio
S1: Air Conditioning
X1: Tinted Glass (all)
abc OPTIONS:
a6: Console
b4: Bucket Seats
h7: Fender or Hood Mounted Turn Signal Indicators
m6: Driver's Outside Remote Operated Mirror
u1: Sold Car When Built (Somebody Ordered It)

I hope these numbers look like they match up? If so, that's a really sweet car...

Damnnnnn that was fast!!! yes the car body is pretty nice, I'm selling the whole car or parting it out. It's missing the whole front suspension and K member but the body itself is in pretty good condition compared to some I've seen restored on FABO.
The car came with a sweet set of wide (kinda old school) wide aluminum wheels on the rear and skinnys on the front. The skinnys were put on the rear to load the car because the wide wheels had bad tires. But I'm selling the wheels too so no big deal. You can see the wide wheels through the grill in one of the pics, the skinnys are on the back axle.
Thanks again,
Treblig

Attachments

• DSC02247.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC02248.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC02249.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC02250.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC02251.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC02252.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC02253.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC02254.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC02255.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 103
Man, that thing looks solid.....How are the floor/trunk pans? I'd think someone would want that baby complete as it is.

Wish I wasn't broke. :D

Man, that thing looks solid.....How are the floor/trunk pans? I'd think someone would want that baby complete as it is.

Wish I wasn't broke. :D

I also wish you weren't broke...REALLY!! The floor pans have a little rust but not too bad compared to most. The exterior has a little rust here and there but not bad at all. You can see the paint is old (at least 9 years old) if there had been a lot of rust it would showing by now. I hate to cut it up but I already have a very nice Fastback and I know there are people out there that need solid body pieces to complete their projects. I'll sell the whole thing but the shipping might make it impossible.

Treblig

I also wish you weren't broke...REALLY!!
Treblig

Me too :banghead:.

Let's keep this thread going for a week or so and see what kind of interest you get. Friday's and weekend's can be a little slow around here. Someone will want to save that car, i'm almost positive.

Thanks for posting the pics...

Rick

Sounds like a good plan. I think this car is really nice. I've seen some Cudas here on FABO that were total rust buckets with all floors, fenders, rear glass channel, etc, etc replaced. This car wouldn't need nearly as much work and someone could save themselves a year of work and a little cash as well. It's perfect for someone with a rust bucket that has a good drive train and interior.

Treblig

-
Back