Rear end measurements ??????

-

Sharko

Sharko
Reaction score
I have a 65 Cuda i'm mini-tubbing and I just picked up a Dana 60 housing for it. Can anyone tell me the best way to figure out the length I need to have the D60 narrowed to????? I plan to have wilwood rear discs and street lynx rear suspension.

If you are using the street lynx ,Call bill at bigblockdart.com Tell him what you are doing.He will help you. Mark

The rear length is dependant upon the wheel/tire combo you are planning to use. ie: backspace

Set your car to desired ride height with wheel/tire combo centered in wheel wells and measure from wheel to wheel that will give you the desired overall length, call Strange or Moser with the type of your rear brake, desired axle housing ends and they will figure the axle housing length for you.

If its any help,w/minitub my wheel combo is a 15 x 10 w/3.75 backspace, 28" x 12 tire......51" drum to drum.

The rear length is dependant upon the wheel/tire combo you are planning to use. ie: backspace

Set your car to desired ride height with wheel/tire combo centered in wheel wells and measure from wheel to wheel that will give you the desired overall length, call Strange or Moser with the type of your rear brake, desired axle housing ends and they will figure the axle housing length for you.

If its any help,w/minitub my wheel combo is a 15 x 10 w/3.75 backspace, 28" x 12 tire......51" drum to drum.

Thats how I did mine...I have the same 15x10 wheels, with 3.75 backspace, my Dana's length is 49 5/8", axle flange to axle flange...

over on moparts its a post about the same thing and they say if the d60 has a 30spline unit you can cut the ends off and use your mopar axle with the mopar end on there...ill try and find the link and post it fohttp://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=5754049&an=0&page=3#Post5754049r here you go hope it hepls

Thanks guys for the info I dropped it off at strange engineering, about 20 minutes from my house. They're narrowing it down to 50 inches and new axle flanges, and hot tanking it for me, suppose to be done Friday.

-
Back