Rear end?

-

BJDEALER

Reaction score
I need to know if a 73 abody 8 1/4 will bolt up directly in my 66 cuda? Thanks

thanks man gonna buy the car then. Its got big bolt disc brakes too.

You'll need the shock absorber mounting plates and new U-bolts for the larger 3" axle tubes as well.

I bought a 73 dart swinger with disc brakes and 8 1/4 rear end. Do i have to use the shock mounts from my 66 cuda with that rear end? Also can i use the drive shaft from the dart? What all on the brakes do i need to put on my car?

You will use the shock plates from the duster on the 8 1/4 since thats what you are pulling it out of,but buy 'new' u-bolts[auto store] drive shaft may need shortened..brakes would be for the duster you are getting your parts off of..both front and rear...

Ok when i install the disc brakes off the 73 on my 66 what car do i buy ball joints, bushings etc for the 73 or 66? I know i have to use the a arms off the 73 but do i use 66 bushings or are the parts the same? same with ball joints not sure.

Ball joints have to be for the 73. The wheel base off a Dart is 111" so the driveshaft will have to be shortened. You would have to check the part numbers on the bushings but I believe they are the same.

-
Back