Rear leaf spring recommendation for 67 Barracuda

-
Those springs are manky for sure. If the front hangers are original you’ll want the larger 5/8” bolts. Easy enough to drill out the hole. If cash flow allows I’d get new front and rear hangers along with the new shackles you’ll need.

That rear shackle doesn't look right. As you mentioned it looks too long but it also looks like it is slammed against the frame unless it's an optical illusion. It need to be able to move rearward under compression forward under braking, decal and acceleration.
I went out and looked I dont think it has contacted the frame.
I know these are not the stock shackle they were put on by a prior owner.
I just trying to fix this mess.

manky in British. (ˈmæŋkɪ ) adjectiveWord forms: mankier or mankiest slang. worthless, rotten, or in bad taste. dirty, filthy, or bad. used to describe an object that is unpleasantly dirty, usually because it is old or has been used a lot

:rofl:

One of my favorite words. I mostly use it to describe Shitty Rock climbing holds.

Last edited:
No just the opposite.
That means you have real experience.
That is the kind of input I was looking for.
Thanks

No problem. I did forget to include that I rolled the inner lip of the wheelwell up. It was not necessary with the vehicle static, but if I had groceries in the trunk and my son in the back seat it did scrub going over bumps at speed and speed breakers in parking lots. That was as much tire as that little car could handle without mini tubs and a complete spring re-location.

manky in British. (ˈmæŋkɪ ) adjectiveWord forms: mankier or mankiest slang. worthless, rotten, or in bad taste. dirty, filthy, or bad. used to describe an object that is unpleasantly dirty, usually because it is old or has been used a lot

:rofl:

One of my favorite words. I mostly use it to describe Shitty Rock climbing holds.
Oooooooooo, I see. Then I know that description well. I worke on some really, really old rail cars that fit "Manky" VERY well.

I think that's west coast slang for Janky.
I like it
I'm going to assume that also means "Manky" as well because I never heard that one ether!

LMAO! This is great!

-
Back