rear leaf springs

-
I can't be positive but the leaf I were using looked in really good shape and can't be that damn old. When I installed them the car dropped over 2" from where it was with the wagon springs! Of course I ran 2" lowering blocks so I could remove those but I don't think I would be happy with the light spring performance!!

OK - I was told here, by another member that he believes they are the same. One of the leaf spring vendors mentioned on this site thinks wagons used a 6 leaf set-up, but I kind of feel he meant full size wagons. I am kind of at a lost so maybe a should just bag the car! I can run the "too weak" springs I have now and set it up with leaf-over-spring bags. It would be nice to be able the pick up the rear for the jack or nasty Indiana pot holes! Anyone running bags on their early A?

I just put a new set of 6 leafs on my Dart for tire clearance purposes !!Originals were 5 leafs,but the 6 raised it up about 3" give or take !!

The wagons use as standard the HD sedan spring and it has one extra leaf in it. I put the wagon springs on my 64 Valiant slant six convertible to stiffen it up. Worked great as it is now on par with my 440 six pack Challenger rear spring as far as stiffness goes.

heavy duty wagon springs in a car = GREAT
car springs in a wagon = not so great

-
Back