Rear light sockets

-

7dswinger

MOPAR's rule
Reaction score
My rear brake light sockets are all corroded, a few beyond repair. I ordered some off of partsgeek that supposedly fit but they are like 2x the size of the originals. Any one know where I can get the right ones? I'm looking for the one with the dual pins and single pin

I cleaned up a couple of mine with a Dremel and several different small wire and nylon brushes. I don't recall how they are attached to the housing or if they can really be changed out alone. If you can figure out a way to change them out them then it seems any socket from a car that era in a boneyard would work as long as it's the same type.

Have you tried Dorman sockets?

http://www.autopartsnetwork.com/sho...--pl--pl-4Q=&gclid=CP6VzejzjLUCFeGDQgod9n0AOQ

The local parts store has them. They have a series of benable tabs around the edge to lock them down. Make sure you clean everthing to get good contact between the socket and the taillight.

The old ones are pressed in so you"ll need a small screw driver or a sturdy knife, thats what I used, to pry the metal back around the socket so you can slide it out.

I"ll have to do that for the inner ones, I ordered a set of led tail lights from digi tails

Alright so I'm trying to wire in my digi tails kit but I can't figure out what wires are the turn signal and the brake light, there's a brown and a black wire running to the socket.

Alright so I'm trying to wire in my digi tails kit but I can't figure out what wires are the turn signal and the brake light, there's a brown and a black wire running to the socket.
Bumper off? Taillight assembly out? Can't remember now but I just set my taillights in the trunk and hooked em up with wire nuts and figured it out trial and error. Think one is running\parking lights and one is the brake lights.

Correct, I've since figured it out, although digi-tails instructions aren't very good and they stuck the adhesive backing on backwards lol Hopefully all will go well.

-
Back