rear main advise

-

bill detamore

Reaction score
Men

I need some advise on a leaky main.

I have a 318 that has leaky rear main. I have gone to two different mechanics. One said he would do it with the motor in the car for about $400.00. The other guy did a kick *** job on my tranny wants to pull the motor to do the job for $900.00.

Any thoughts on this? When I do this, I will be changing my oil pump because I am there but was also wanting to see if there was anything else I should do while the pan is off?

Any and all opinios are appreciated.

Thanks

B

I know I could do it and would love to but I have 3 young kids all in sports so my weekends are packed. If I started this job it would take me forever to finish. I am not afraid of getting dirty or the work, its just the time.

I know I could do it and would love to but I have 3 young kids all in sports so my weekends are packed. If I started this job it would take me forever to finish. I am not afraid of getting dirty or the work, its just the time.

Man I know the feeling. In the same boat myself.

Pay a teenage babysitter for the day and get the job done.you,ll save in the end.good luck.

-
Back