Rear Mount Caliper Brake Hose ?

-

mguner

How many is too many?
Reaction score
Has anyone ubgraded an early model A or B body with late model A/F front discs and mounted the calipers on the rear to allow sway bar use? If so what brake hoses did you use? I need some that come down and in from the caliper banjo fitting.

I have a solution!!
l_fbcaa3e750848a8e8e58fdaa98ec7d36.jpg
It is but one of many but I was getting tired of searching through brake hoses. The hoses I believe are for an 85 Chrysler part #s 77379 and 77380. I had to remove and modify the hose bracket and bolt it to the back side of the spindle through one of the (now removed) shield holes. The scuff protector is in just the right place to protect the hose from the shock and spindle. The hole for the frame mount had to have a small notch ground in it to locate the 90 degree fitting at the proper angle. Here is a link to the pics.....>>>>> Disc brake conversion

Has anyone ubgraded an early model A or B body with late model A/F front discs and mounted the calipers on the rear to allow sway bar use? If so what brake hoses did you use? I need some that come down and in from the caliper banjo fitting.

I used the brake hose from the 1974 duster the set-up came from. You can see the hose better on the tubular set-up

100_1285 (Small).jpg

100_1290 (Small).jpg

There's a later B-body (cordoba-like) that uses a banjo fitting brake hose that do NOT have that long hard line attached to it.

Or you could just get a braided line. There's ones over the counter that work fine. I think MP even sells them.

Here's the ones I made. First pics shows the banjo end on the caliper. Seconds shows the braided to flare adapter you have to buy. Been running this setup since 1994!!

9_06FtSusp0002a.JPG

UcaCamAdj.JPG

-
Back