Rear Quarter/valence replacement

-

bricud

Cuda's Cuda
Reaction score
As you can the lower part of my rear quarters are shot. Someone else patched an extension on both sides which I removed to see what I have to work with. The rear valence is shot also. Surprisingly the trunk is in good shape but I was wondering what parts are recommended to replace based on what you see. Should I be replacing the entire rear quarters and valence, or is there a way to weld on the lower quarters. My guess is I'm going to be replacing the quarters, valence, and inner fenders. Not sure what they are called. This is my first time replacing body panels so I'm looking for all the advice I can get.

I am about to drop the rear end and start taking the rest of the body components as the rear frame rails are bad as well. I have been looking over many posts on bracing but not sure the best way to support the car when I replace the frame rails. Also, I was going to weld cross bracing to the inside of the body just behind the doors to keep it from twisting. Any other advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

rear left fender.jpg

rear right fender.jpg

rear valence.jpg

That quarter looks rusty at the wheel opening lip you might need skins. Rear might still be good hard to tell.

There is still a lot of paint on that covering up what you can’t see. Before I replaced anything, I’d be stripping more paint to uncover what might be a lot more work. You don’t want to patch a qtr on the bottom edge if the rest of it is shot. Just my opinion.

Trunk extensions, quarters, valance use AMD if you can afford it. Inner wheel well may need work too. I used the cheap harbor freight spot weld cutters. Buy a bunch of em.

Thanks for all the info. I'll be stripping the paint in areas prone to rust so I can get a better idea of what will be needed. I'm anxious to get going on the project. I have been gradually purchasing/ordering parts for the car including engine parts that take months to get. The tranny should be ready soon as well. I hope to get it ready by the summer.

-
Back