Rear Quarter Windows 68 Barracuda

-

dbwills

Reaction score
How do you remove and reinstall properly the rear quarter windows and hardware for a 68 barracuda coupe

I recently installed the quarter windows and regulators on my '67 coupe. It wasn't necessarily the "right way". My way included hours of swearing and lots of skinned knuckles. Sure was satisfying when I was done, though.

I honestly don't remember how I removed them (it was several years ago). But to install them, I had the best luck putting the regulator in the rear slider rail first (the horizontal one that's welded to the body). It's really tough to see back there, and I basically did it by feel. Next, I loosely installed the 2 vertical rails. I then dropped the window glass inside the body started putting all the rollers into the proper sliders. Again, it was easiest for me to get the rear rail done first.

After finally getting all the rollers in the proper position, you can bolt the window to the regulator and bolt the regulator to the body. You need about 5 hands to do this.

Take pictures of the regulators before you pull them out. All of the rollers and sliders can get confusing once it all comes apart.

Good luck. I have have some pics if it would help you.

Scott

Best plan is just don't unless it's absolutely necessary.

I've done it in my 67 fish and it was a real experience. The good news is that once you've done it you're an expert but it's about a 4 hour lesson.

-
Back