[WANTED] rear seat belts 72 dart

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will look pulled some out of a 1971 Demon but i wont be home for 7 days out of town working. They should fit a dart but color. I will have to look

I have these out of a 73 .Nice and black with only minor fading on the long center one. $50+. PM me if interested.

DSCF3017.JPG

I will look pulled some out of a 1971 Demon but i wont be home for 7 days out of town working. They should fit a dart but color. I will have to look

Just a FYI.... I'm thinking the seat belt buckle's were a different design, just in 70-71 A-body type seat belt's. In the next post (number 3) that is the same design, as in the 72 model year, as the original poster want's. (this is just a FYI ONLY POST!!)

Just a FYI.... I'm thinking the seat belt buckle's were a different design, just in 70-71 A-body type seat belt's. In the next post (number 3) that is the same design, as in the 72 model year, as the original poster want's. (this is just a FYI ONLY POST!!)
Since I do not know if they are or are not the same, I offered mine and stated the year as 1973. I do know that the 73 and 74s are the same because I have a set of each.

The bolts and nuts too. They were in the picture. I know how important it is to have the proper hardware. The nuts hold the racheting section into a stud welded into the car structure. Check for that, if yours has the stud there too, they should fit.

The bolts and nuts too. They were in the picture. I know how important it is to have the proper hardware. The nuts hold the racheting section into a stud welded into the car structure. Check for that, if yours has the stud there too, they should fit.

Hey Moparbud, I had to go back and reread from the first post on.... and did not realize he was looking for the rear seat belt's, I thought front (I apologize) but the belt's you show in pic, are exactly what the original poster is looking for. Good luck with the sale!

Hey Moparbud, I had to go back and reread from the first post on.... and did not realize he was looking for the rear seat belt's, I thought front (I apologize) but the belt's you show in pic, are exactly what the original poster is looking for. Good luck with the sale!
I would assume the rears are the same but interestingly enough, there is a difference between 73 and 74 fronts. The 74s retract into the rear q/p area whereas the 73s have clips to hold up the shoulder portion and it is separate. I guess we turned this post into a history lesson.

I would assume the rears are the same but interestingly enough, there is a difference between 73 and 74 fronts. The 74s retract into the rear q/p area whereas the 73s have clips to hold up the shoulder portion and it is separate. I guess we turned this post into a history lesson.

Yes.... this kind of thing is good, for those that already may know this information, and for the people coming up through the rank's. For sure a good learning tool!!

Yes.... this kind of thing is good, for those that already may know this information, and for the people coming up through the rank's. For sure a good learning tool!!
i have a set of blue 72s if the others wont work for you

I saw one side retractor on ebay out of a Challenger that said it would fit a Dart and the guy wanted $40 for it. I don't see why these wouldn't fit since these cars were basically the same inside for 10 model years. Have you checked for the studs near the back floor for the retractor bolt? Heck, I could use the center ones in my 66 Satellite. Nothing special about them. Let me know.

I saw one side retractor on ebay out of a Challenger that said it would fit a Dart and the guy wanted $40 for it. I don't see why these wouldn't fit since these cars were basically the same inside for 10 model years. Have you checked for the studs near the back floor for the retractor bolt? Heck, I could use the center ones in my 66 Satellite. Nothing special about them. Let me know.

Just what Bud said.... does the YOUR CAR have the Factory seat belt stud, that protrude's inside the lower wheelhouse, to inside of the car? The removal of the rear seat bottom is necessary to be able to see it. If it does, then Bud's seat belt's are what you need! Dodge33

Just pulled seat all I need is the outer male belts I have the inner female on both sides and center male. My car has been tubbed so I don't think the holes are there to mount them. I guess I will have to drill new holes

20160607_180824-800x450.jpg

20160607_180753-800x450.jpg

Me and my brother were just talking about this, and we do know that on the 72 Duster we did some resto work on quite some time ago, that yes their were stud's coming through the lower wheelhouse DID have pretty good sized re-inforcing plate's on the inner wheelhouse side, so make sure you fab something up good, for the rear passenger's, because if ever in an accident.... just using a stud only could pull through and cause them very serious or worse injuries. I was just thinking a longer 7/16x20 fine thread wheel stud would be my choice in using a stud with a custom made re-inforcement plate. Hope this help's you. Dodge33

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back