Rear shock mount fabrication

-

trbodrt

Reaction score
Just finished moving leaf springs in 3 inches on a 72 dart, also moved the rear end back 1.5 inches using a ford 9 inch rear end. I will be using a fuel cell, this will be a street car and trying to figure out what angle the shocks should be set at and also if I should mount them in front or behind the axle. Tried searching for info but didn't seem to find anything. I know this is not an ideal setup for handling but I'm running espo 6 leaf springs and will using a good size sway bar on the rear. Any help would be appreciated.

Just finished moving leaf springs in 3 inches on a 72 dart, also moved the rear end back 1.5 inches using a ford 9 inch rear end. I will be using a fuel cell, this will be a street car and trying to figure out what angle the shocks should be set at and also if I should mount them in front or behind the axle. Tried searching for info but didn't seem to find anything. I know this is not an ideal setup for handling but I'm running espo 6 leaf springs and will using a good size sway bar on the rear. Any help would be appreciated.
It all depends on how stiff the shock is and what angle you mount it. treblig

Attachments

• shock-genius-1[1].gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 207
-
Back