Rear shoulder belts in Duster?

-
I will mock it up tomorrow in my bare chassis and take a pic... you will see then

Not yet... I wss tied up with honeydos....
Its really simple. The strap with the buckle bolts to the floor using the 2 center bolts that fasten the lap belts... the upper belts are the ones with the chrome latch and it threads thru the slot in the package try and the dog bone is inserted in the loop below pkg tray thereby preventing it from pulling thru.

Ok, that part I get but would you not end up with two male buckle ends trying to plug into one female end? because on a regular shoulder belt it is one continuous loop that has only one male end, sorry I am a visual guy and just cant seem to visualize this but I am thinking that there are three parts here, one that comes down from the parcel tray with the dog bone holding it up, one bolted to the floor at the side of the seat, and one in the middle of the seat that latches it, am I wrong? if so and its only two pieces then that's where I'm lost.

Cars of that vintage used separate lap and shoulder belts. So for one passenger you would have 2 buckles coming off the floor, one to receive the lap belt and one to receive the shoulder belt.

OK that makes sense so essentially there are five buckels in the back seat two on each side for the lap and shoulder belts and one for the center passenger lap belt thanks for clearing that up

-
Back