Rear spoiler

-

matthon

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a similar rear spoiler?

SavageGT33.jpg

barris2.jpg

Judging by the photo caption, the car was customized by Barris. I have never seen such a spoiler available anywhere for those early 'Cudas. You might have to build one yourself. Not a bad look.

That car in the pic is a pretty rare beast,known as the Savage Cuda.I have an original Motor Trend magazine with the article on that car.If I can dig it up?I will see if they give any info on the add ons on that car.
Doug

There are many thread on these 2 cars, and some info on the web, but I cannot find anyone who makes a spoiler.

OK, last shot at this, does anyone know of another rear spoiler that will fit the 67-69 Barracuda?
Making one sounds interesting, what is involved in that?
Thank you, Matt.

Ive always been interested in the challenger deck lip or the one m/p sells for dusters and demons wondering about the dimension and would they fit other vehicles

I think the Challenger spoiler is too long, but maybe it could be cut down to fit, it definitely has the correct look.
The Duster one is the 'go-wing' correct? That is not really the look I was going for.
The only other one I know of is the Aspen R/T spoiler, which is too high.

My brother has a Challenger, so I can take some measurements, but at $200+ I am still looking for the right spoiler.

070408_Jonkoping_Challenger_TA-70b.jpg

ct701.jpg

I think its a T/A or AAR spoiler, i'm not sure of the dimensions but they sell them at moparplus.com.

Spoilers would have been nice on them cars but mopar skimped a bit in this regard. I would think due to the contour of the lid and such pretty much anything you attempt to retrofit will need tons of mods to get it to fit to the lid. It would seem by the pics these Cuda's, one a 68 and the other a 69 and on both the spoilers appeared to be simple and straight forward you may be going in the wrong direction. I am sure you can go to some aftermarket car accessory place that makes wings, fender flares and such and ask for some ideas.
Myself I would get an old trunk lid, 67 to 69 fastback should be the same on the lid itself and get a bunch of molding clay like they use when they build them concept cars. Lay a bunch on the lid and start shaping it to what you want. A large sharp knife, some bondo cheese graters, sandpaper and sponges and you can make one yourself. Remember to duct tape some wax paper to the lid first so you can remove the spoiler when done. Maybe take the finished spoiler to one of the shops I mentioned and see if they can lay down a mold and pop you out a few or do it all yourself. Gotta be cheaper that buying something and cutting it up and shaping etc and maybe less time too. If you do good maybe you could even have some extras made and sell them to anyone who wants something different. Just a thought.
Chas.

Just a note if interest. In the area I live in a guy has a 67 Cuda for sale for 25K. It was used in the movie 'Corky' that Robert Blake was in. It was white and had red trim and had scoops and spoilers all over the place. I think that old MPC 69 Cuda kit has some of the same spoilers and side scoops included as extras so maybe there is something there to get spoiler ideas from. Kind of crazy looking at a 3 inch piece of plastic for ideas but who knows????
Chas.

-
Back