rear spring hangers,are they all the same

-

dart gt

Reaction score
are all Dodge and Plymouth rear spring hangers the same,and what years had them.Are A,B,C and f bodys all the same as a 1974 Duster.If not can the old ones be fixed.The bushing tube rusted out,the rest of it is good.I know mancini sells new ones but 2 week delivery and im ready for them now.Thanks David

No there not. The "EYE" of the spring is not in the same position from make to make. Length away from the "BOXED" area, were it is bolted in is about the same, but never dead on.

I seen somewhere (can't remember where) a set of billet aluminum hangers. They were a little expensive, but looked sweet.

DO NOT BUY THE HANGERS FROM MANCINI!

i bought a set awhile back and while installing them the end broke off the bolt while snugging it down...

so they sent me another set... so now 6k miles later i am putting the new 8.75 in...

ive been having trouble with one side coming loose...

so while getting ready to get them apart i noticed that the "stud" is pulling out of the shackle itself!

I read somewhere that if you cut the piece of pipe out that the shackle bolt goes through out of the rear hanger and weld in a 1 inch OD piece of conduit pipe the bushings fit right in.I think ill try it ,ill let you know how it fits.Thanks for the comebacks.David

I read somewhere that if you cut the piece of pipe out that the shackle bolt goes through out of the rear hanger and weld in a 1 inch OD piece of conduit pipe the bushings fit right in.I think ill try it ,ill let you know how it fits.Thanks for the comebacks.David

thats what we do on our SS darts... cant remember the size but we just get tubing the same diameter and then put the bushings in

Found the billet ones if interested. $124.99 plus $25 shipping:
http://www.magnumforce.com/store/de...BrandID=&Category=&SubCategory=&Search=&Page=
image.aspx

to answer the question yes they are different...

the stud part that goes inside the bushings are i believe a different diameter and also the outside diameter of the bushings

-
Back