rear spring question

-

swifter

Reaction score
Thanks for the response---Anyone got xhd springs on there street car instead of using s.s. springs??? Mopar Muscle this month suggests to use xhd springs instead of s.s. springs on a street car for a better ride???? I'm at the point of up-dating my springs and I'm caught between using the cal-trac bars with the mono's or cal-trac bars with the xhd springs????? Car is a 70 Duster-very little track time right now!!!!! Steve

On the 67 Dart ragtop I run stock ride height six leaf springs form Springs N things. They are not harsh, however I also have stiffer than stock 0.940” torsion bars that make front and rear more balanced. I suspect with soft bars up front, and a bit stiffer rear spring out back one may perceive the rear springing as harsh. My 300C AWD has a stiffer ride than the Dart.

if your considering the complete cal-tracs setup for the street, s/s springs will feel smooth as hell ! my '65 coronet has the full cal-tracs and the ride was HARD ! you will feel EVERYTHING .... i personally think the s/s springs ride pretty good when matched with the correct shocks ...

I'm running the Mancini xhd springs, and they have 1" added to the arch. I've been really pleased with them so far.

THanks---Guy's still waiting to go forward with a purchase--Steve

I just installed the SS springs and I am starting to think that I should have went with the XHD springs instead. The SS springs are stiff and you feel every little bump. Cornering is shifty also.

Thanks for the response---Anyone got xhd springs on there street car instead of using s.s. springs??? Mopar Muscle this month suggests to use xhd springs instead of s.s. springs on a street car for a better ride???? I'm at the point of up-dating my springs and I'm caught between using the cal-trac bars with the mono's or cal-trac bars with the xhd springs????? Car is a 70 Duster-very little track time right now!!!!! Steve

YES! Go for it. Same year car and big block driven.
I have also had a set of the springs and things (ESPO.com) set @ 1 inch over on the bend. Also excellent. The car is lifted up just the right amount.

-
Back