Rear springs. Have a look.

-

1968FormulaS340

Reaction score
I think mine are shot. I was told these are old SS automatic springs.

IM000810.JPG

Whoa, those shackles should be straight up and down to slightly rearward.

Yep. Looks just like the ones I just took off my 68.

If your gonna buy new ones here's a tip. I bought mine from Mancini's cause they were cheaper by a few bucks. They didn't list their shipping cost. Now I know why. They gouged me for $40 to ship a set of springs and didn't even tell me in the e-mail what the shipping would be until I recieved the springs. If I would have bought them from Summit I would have paid $10 more for the set of springs but only $8 for shipping. So in essance they would have been $23 cheaper. Something to thing about.

Looks like the shackle hit the rear frame rail so hard it bent that spring. I have 002/003 super stocks but if I were to do it again it would either be stock replacements from Espo's or a set of Caltrac mono leafs.

I was thinking the spring was bent but was not sure how it looked when it was new. I was just going to go with the Mopar stock springs. The car did launch very hard when it was raced. I have a big dent where the pinion snubber hits. It would pull the front wheels about 4". With the E70-14s I run now I don't need to wory about that.

AdamR said:
Looks like the shackle hit the rear frame rail so hard it bent that spring. I have 002/003 super stocks but if I were to do it again it would either be stock replacements from Espo's or a set of Caltrac mono leafs.
Adam whats the difference between the super stocks and stock?

-
Back