Rear Springs

-

1969GTS

Reaction score
My project Dart has newer springs in the rear but still has the typical slouch in the rear end darts often have. I'm going to 15" rallys in the rear with a 28" tall tire that I hope will solve the problem. I'm considering super stock springs as well but have heard stories of huge lifts and lowering blocks to bring it down to an acceptable level. Anyone have a pick of their car with super stock springs?

Thanks

Dave

002, 003 springs, flipped front spring hangers. 15 x 7 wheels, 245/60-15 BFG's.

100_0606.jpg

100_0608.jpg

Thats a nice stance. I don't want to go too high in the back but hate the droop.

Thanks. I also didnt have the pass side sitting higher like most do. It looked good before flipping the hangers too, a little more aggressive I think, but I was going for a lower look.

Im suprised that with new springs your car sags.Usually with new (factory replacement) springs the car sits a little higher. Basically the way the car sat 30 years ago.Where did you buy your springs? I bought 2 left side super stock springs,which alot of folks do. No stink bug look,although it probably defeats the purpose of the SS springs. And then bought a set of adjustable front hangers. There are 2 holes,using the bottom hole drops the rear 1". Then adjusted the torsion bars for the stance I liked.

Bottom line with your car I would either go with 2 left super stock springs or a set of Super stock springs L&R. Depends if you want it to be flat or you want the stink bug look + the drag racing performance.

Picture 695.jpg

Mancini's also sell HD springs which are in between the stock springs and SS springs. I have them in my 68 Cuda and it sets nice. Just a little raked look. Here's some pics. Unfortunately I don't have any good side view pics but I think you can see it ok with these.

Cuda on the river road cruise 10-11-07 006.JPE

Cuda on the river road cruise 10-11-07 009.JPE

Cuda on the river road cruise 10-11-07 012.JPE

I'll have a look at the mancini ones. The car sits a little higher than level in the back and I'll see what the new tires do once I've got that sorted out.

Thanks all

-
Back