Rear suspension street and strip A body

-

tvt59

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am getting ready to do the rear suspension on my 68' Valiant build. I can't make my mind up to do Caltracs with mono leafs. Or the RMS street linxs. Power will be W5 440" on pump gas. Manual trans. With a Speed Tech NO2 system. Car will be 80% street driven. Probably 4-5,000 miles a year.

the RMS set up is more for handling then the drag strip. it did drop my 60' times from 1.69 to a 1.63 though..:)

I am almost done with a home made 4 link that I have put together here. It is based on the RMS Street lynxs but a bit beefier.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=101437

Not that the Street Linx isn't beefy...:)

IMG_0331.jpg

I went with SS springs, got to start some where figured might as well be the least expensive.....that coupled with the desire to have tail pipes over the axle as well as a oe fuel tank kind of ruled out a triangulated 4 link....Spoke with Caltrac people, told me that the life span of the mono leafs is not very long in a street/strip car....

I went with SS springs, got to start some where figured might as well be the least expensive.....that coupled with the desire to have tail pipes over the axle as well as a oe fuel tank kind of ruled out a triangulated 4 link....Spoke with Caltrac people, told me that the life span of the mono leafs is not very long in a street/strip car....

The street lynx allows ya to run tto tail pipes. :)

mine is an early production and I had custom pipes run to the bumper with the stock gas tank in the car.

Not that the Street Linx isn't beefy...:)

IMG_0331.jpg

I am sure it is beefy enough the way they sell it. I just increased the bars to 1.5" and added some boxes and gussets in different areas is all.

No disrespect here James at all, your build is what started me on mine...............:salute:

You think there is enough room to snake a 3.5" pipe through? I have some 3.5" Spin techs I'm going to mount all the way at the back of the car.

-
Back