Rear Swaybar options w/ RMS StreetLynx

-

CruzinFNC

Reaction score
Any of you cats running (or know somebody who does) a RMS StreetLynx 4-links with the perches moved inboard for bigger tires w/ a rear swaybar? If so, what are you/they running?

I have a 66 Barracuda with RMS front and rear that's been mini-tubbed with boxed-in frame rails. I want to run a sway bar but since the spring parches have been moved inboard so FirmFeel (frame hung) is out of the question unfortunately. Hellwig looks like it's close but the 90 degree shoulder looks it might be very tight against the springs of the coilovers. I measure ~26.5" between the coils of the coil-overs.

I'm open to ideas and suggestions.

i thought bill had come up with a rear sway bar for the street lynx a while back.. may have killed it off for lack of interest.. not sure.. call him and see if he has anything. i never felt i needed one on my dart though.

I've been experiencing major understeer and some body roll in the autoX and my front tires (Nitto NT555, I know not the best autox tire) were rolling over, even inflated to 40psi. I thought I'd start with stiffer springs, better tires, a fatter front sway bar, then a rear sway bar. I've 4 corner weight balanced the car and went to 550lbs front springs and 400 rear which helped a little but not much.
I've talked to Bill several times about the issue and he said he doesn't make a rear bar, nor should I need one. He's a great guy and graciously had his supplier bend up a 1.25" front sway bar for the Early A bodies, which he didn't have before (only 1.125"), but is now going to ship his alterktions with the bigger one; you're welcome ;-).
I'm working to get my car ready for next season and researching going from 17" wheels (245s on 8" and 315s on 10.5") to 18" (235 on 8.5" and 275s on 10.5") w/ Bridgestone RE-71Rs, and also researching rear sway bar options, hence the question. Who knows, I might find I don't need one and saving that solution for last.
I have FirmFeel front and rear bars on my 66 valiant and it feels very balanced on the track, even leaning toward over steer which is ideal in my opinion. Granted this car is square, with 215/45/17 tires all around.

I could send you a picture of the 67 and up rear RMS bar when I get home later today, you could most likely have a similar one made local for your car.

1828.jpg
1831.jpg

These are not pictures of my car just ones I have on file in case I add a rear bar.

-
Back