Rear Tires/Wheels-67 Notch

-

Raaf69

Reaction score
Need some input on these wheel rim setup.Anyone with some advice to bounce off me would be great.
Trying to figure Centerline Convo Pro's on the rear of my 67 Cuda.
Stock leaf spring setup.
15x8 have a 4.5" backspace and 15x7 have a 3.375 backspace.
Going to run 255/60-15 BFG's on it.Not many choices with this SBP setup.
Looks to be real close to leaf with a 8" rim, good room towards fenderwall.
7" rim gives me clearance near leaf but pretty close to the fender.
Leaning towards running the 8" and using a spacer if I had to to push away from leaf a bit. Probaly only 1/4" -1/2" spacer.

Thoughts??? Any body else done this crazy stuff???

Just move the springs over ....and or just put a B-BODY rear end under it. I have had 9 notch backs .... I have a new set of 29x12.5 tires on 15x10" wide wheels with matching front steel wheels ...if you like the look of hub caps

Just move the springs over ....and or just put a B-BODY rear end under it. I have had 9 notch backs .... I have a new set of 29x12.5 tires on 15x10" wide wheels with matching front steel wheels ...if you like the look of hub caps

With those 12.5 wide tire and 15x10 wide rear rims, is you car tubbed or jacked up in the back??

I don't see that fitting with stock wheel well and stock rear ride height.

Need some input on these wheel rim setup.Anyone with some advice to bounce off me would be great.
Trying to figure Centerline Convo Pro's on the rear of my 67 Cuda.
Stock leaf spring setup.
15x8 have a 4.5" backspace and 15x7 have a 3.375 backspace.
Going to run 255/60-15 BFG's on it.Not many choices with this SBP setup.
Looks to be real close to leaf with a 8" rim, good room towards fenderwall.
7" rim gives me clearance near leaf but pretty close to the fender.
Leaning towards running the 8" and using a spacer if I had to to push away from leaf a bit. Probaly only 1/4" -1/2" spacer.

Thoughts??? Any body else done this crazy stuff???

Run the 15x8 with 4.5" and 1/4 to 3/8" spacer. It's easier to add a very thin spacer for adjustment than to have a tire that rubber the inner quarter panel. I don't think you will need anything as thick as a 1/2" spacer.

I've run 245/50/15 with 4.5" backspacing 15x8 rims. Those don't have much side wall bulge so they don't rub the edge of the leaf springs.

I've ran 235/60/15 with 15x7 4.25" backspace rims and it would just barely the raised white letter in very hard cornering.

My car has original small bolt pattern axles just redrilled to large bolt pattern. So the rim mounting surface is the exact same as small bolt pattern like you have.

-
Back