rear view mirror loose

-

dans4door1970

Reaction score
Any tricks to get the ball in the rear view mirror socket to tighten up. The adjust screw is as tight as it goes and still loose.
Thanks
Dan:prayer:

I have an idea to try this weekend on mine. Will post back with results if it works.....

super glue works if you set it and don't move it...Also, if you put a piece of paper towel under the spring steel it will tighten it up.....However, if you take the piece of spring steel off of it and bend it so there is more pressure on the ball it will be fixed the right way

super glue works if you set it and don't move it...Also, if you put a piece of thin cardboard under the spring steel it will tighten it up.....However, if you take the piece of spring steel off of it and bend it so there is more pressure on the ball it will be fixed the right way

try bending the spring a slight amount. I did.

If you can not disassemble it, I have used a small pointed chisel to make a series of pits in the ball before with great success. Don't get carried away.

The correct method would be to disassemble it and tighten via mechanical means but a couple drops of superglue actually works well. Snugs things up nicely and it remains adjustable. One of the very few things I've ever found Superglue to be useful for!

super glue works if you set it and don't move it...Also, if you put a piece of paper towel under the spring steel it will tighten it up.....However, if you take the piece of spring steel off of it and bend it so there is more pressure on the ball it will be fixed the right way

This x's 2 ^

Who cares whats behind you?
Your driving a mopar, they won't catch up anyway ��

Who cares whats behind you?
Your driving a mopar, they won't catch up anyway ��

good point! However it is nice to see the reaction on their faces in your rear view mirror when you blow their doors off

I used this stuff....worked great!! :D

Attachments

• P1030167.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 134
-
Back