Rear went at the Track

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
Well went to test and tune last night.It was a little chilly 7 degrees,made 8 passes and ran low 13 all nite THEN it felt like one tire kept brakin loose.I got back to the pit,s and noticed a little (grind,crunching)noise.I was done for the nite anyways,so on the trailer...This morn,backed it off,does,nt sound good.It was a used A-body rear out of a 69 Dart(3.23)that Iput an installation kit with 4.10 gears and Bears Performance axels BBP.I,ve got about 60 passes on it.It sat for about 12 years untouched.Pretty lucky to get what I did out of it.Ran 13.01 at 102mph 60ft.1.82.What a fun nite.I guess i,ll be calling Moser.Keep ya posted!

Well ya might get lucky and find that the grinding is from worn out brake shoes, but the crunching, well that could be bad and expensive. Hopefully it's neither. First thing I'd do is pull the pumpkin (if it's a 8 3/4) and check the oil for nasties.

Terry

Brakes??What are brakes??Gas peddle,s worn.She,s parked and I,ll pull the pumkin after pumkin season He Ha.Lots of time to work on her now!!The clutch pack was the only thing I didn,t replace.Till now..

Like you said,you had a great time,:blob: 13.01 at 102mph 60ft.1.82.That sound like fun to me:thumleft: Nice:burnout:
and I hope the pumpkin or big" as we call it here is clean and shave free this winter when you pull it.

I,m going for knee surgery on Oct.20 so I,ll have lots of time for MAKING THE PROPER ADJUSTMENTS.Hahaha!Hopefully it will be cheap(YaRight)I,m gonna have to start pricing sure-grips..

It,s a 340 stroked to a (372)4 speed,centerforce dual friction,lakewood bell. 8 3/4 4.10 with bears axels and green bearings.Ran 12.82 at 108.2 60ft.1.82

I'm sorry to hear about your breakage but take this opportunity to make it better! Thats the only time I change things on my car nowadays is when they break! LOL!

Thanks DERICKS!!I,m in no hurry,but I,ll get out to her this week.I,m hopeing it,s a cheap fix.I,ll post when I find the problem.Working afternoons so i,ll be sleeeppy!!

Thanks DERICKS!!I,m in no hurry,but I,ll get out to her this week.I,m hopeing it,s a cheap fix.I,ll post when I find the problem.Working afternoons so i,ll be sleeeppy!!

I got lucky years ago with a spyder gear fix and cleanout! I hope its just a cheapy fix. The last time I had troubles with a limited slip I went the cheap route with a spool.

Bummer. If it turns out it's just the sure grip unit, get a locker setup for it. A budy of mine has one in his Maxi and runs 12.oh at 113-115. But if you plan on driving the car, use the "street" springs. The "race" springs will (basically) make a spool out of it

I don,t do alot of street driving.Up here shifting from 1st to 2nd (chirp)is classified as street racing:Impound car for 1 week,heavy fine,suspended Lic.points=high Insurance.I,d rather go to the track.No hassles and the car likes it=P~.Other than the odd breakage.I really enjoy it,so I,ll just replace what,s broke..

hey pettyblue, if its the suregrip and you drive the car alot on the track, why not conisder a spool? Theres a guy on here who is a moser wholesaler...im about to buy a set of axles from him for a very good deal...im sure he could probably get you pretty good deal on a moser spool, or even a full locker if thats the route you have to go to fix your break....i cant remember his user id on here, but i have his email, so pm me if you want it

Well I finally pulled the pumkin(pig)and there is metal in the oil.The only thing I didn,t change was the clutch pack,so it,s at the tranny shop again.I guess I,ll be putting a new one in and try to get her back to the track before the snow flys.Today would have been nice see,in how my buddy,s are racin today.Today is last day for spraying the track!Dang it.

-
Back