Rear wheel/tire size on 65 Barracuda

-

Six5Cuda

Reaction score
Does anyone out there happen to know the largest wheel/tire combo I can run on the rear of my 65 cuda? I would like to run 235/60R15 bfg's on 15x8 rallies. Although I will run even bigger if I can. I will be installing super stock leaf springs to bring the rear end up. I just can't stand the dragging tail look the car has had my whole life.

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

I had 235 50 16's on my 65 Cuda. There was room to go wider if you had the right off set of rim and you can move your springs in 3/4 of an inch.

rear16tire.jpg

295-50-15

go ahead and tub it.........you know you want to

cuda right rear.JPG

what off set and rim width do you have with those 245's

I am running a 255/45R on 17x8's on my 65 with a 5.5" offset and 3/4" Mopar spring perch relocation setup. I have room to probably get away with 275's, but it may rub when the rear articulates turning into driveways.

](*,)I just realized that if you're running the drum brakes, this offset will be of little value to you, as I am also running a disc setup that kicked the flange surfaces out, I believe, 3/8" per side when combined with Moser axles.

In any case, the 255's fit with no problems. Sorry, that probably didn't help much.

DSC06085.jpg

DSC06090.jpg

hey SilverFish first off, the car looks great!! whats all the sizing, backspace, offset of your wheels? are they american racing? torque thrust ll's? very interested, very good looking car! what kind of rear disc setup are you running? thanks alot1

hey SilverFish first off, the car looks great!! whats all the sizing, backspace, offset of your wheels? are they american racing? torque thrust ll's? very interested, very good looking car! what kind of rear disc setup are you running? thanks alot1

Indeed they are LBP (4.5" bolt circle) American Racing Torque Thrust II's, and 17 x 8's at all four corners, and I need to correct my comment from earlier in this thread, the backspacing is 5.5" not 5.25". I am running 245/45's up front and 255's out back. When the rears are ready to go I will probably replace them with a set of 275's, and I am going to test fit the 255's up front, because I think they will also fit. I made the original purchase from Newstalgia Wheels, and they were very pleasant to work with.

The rear disc setup was from SSBC and was a piece of cake to install. I dropped in a set of Moser LBP axles and converted the fronts to 73+ heavy duty cop brakes (upgrading from the Kelsey Hayes units).

Re: the unit, thanks. She's a 20 footer, but she'll get out of her own way:supz:

p.s. - Here's the link to the Early A-body images thread. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=28158&page=6
Enjoy!

-
Back