Rear Wheels

-

dustertogo

Reaction score
I have Weld Draglite 15x7 wheels with a 4.50" backspacing to install on my 73 Duster. The tires are G60-15 MT Sportsman I (not sure what size this converts to in metric). Rear is stock width with springs in stock location. Bolting them up for checking purposes, it appears that I have only 1/4" or so clearance between the inner sidewall of the tire and the springs. Why? Most of the posts I have seen from others running same backspacing seem to have at least 1/2" clearance between tire and springs. Any ideas / suggestions?

It's tire width on rim width. I think G-60 equal 235/60/15. Not 100% on that. It may rub slightly. No real problem though.
Hows the rubber in the shackles?

I got 235 60 15's on the back of the dart sport on 7.5 rims with 4.5" BS and they fit fine and don't run....I could NOT get any more tire in there and feel comfortable though without different backspacing or relocating something....

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. Just wanted to see if I needed to do something different in the way of wheels and tires, or if something else was going on that I was missing. BTW Rumble, the shackle bushings are new.

Good good. That takes that out of the equation.

dont know about the sprortsman tires but the MT indyprofile ss G60 tires are rated as 255/60 metric and they fit fine in a dusters wheelwells with the proper backspacing
i am currently running H50-14 tires under my duster as "transportation" tires and they fit but its a horribly tight fit and if my springs where anymore worn that they are they would hit everything all the time (H50 tires are acording to MT 295/50)

-
Back