Rear Wheelwell Clearancing

-

robsimmons

Slant 6 Drag Racer
Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with how the Hemi Darts and Barracudas had their wheelwells clearanced?

I know it was supposedly a "hatchet job", but I want to roughly duplicate it on my '67 Dart GT and '67 Barracuda.

I read an article in one of the Mopar magazines awhile back where an owner of an original Hemi Dart had or made a template.

Were the Barracudas done the same way and in the same pattern as the Darts?

I want to do a quality job and make it look right. I don't want to make the radius like a box or circle as I have seen done.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Rob

Only the Darts got modified wheel openings. The Barracudas werent cut, www.bigblockdart.com has info on doing the dart 1/4s. I think it looks like crap personally.

Thanks for the information (and opinion :lol: )

I had checked bigblockdart.com quite awhile back, but didn't see it. They either added it since then or I'm just stupid (probably the second one).

Rob

Great site by the way.

Eventually I will be. My '67 Dart GT was my first car back in High School. I stripped it and had a quarter panel replaced years ago and was going to drop in a stroker motor, but then I started collecting a bunch of other A bodies over the years and it got put on the back burner.

It has been sitting there in primer for longer than I care to admit. I'm in Iraq right now and then have another couple years in Germany before I get back to the states... The '67 Dart may very well wind up being the "Retirement Project" at the rate I'm going.

Rob

Wow, long time since I posted this! I decided to sell most of my A bodies and focus on just a couple. I can't believe I sold my first car after all these years. Hopefully it went to a good home and will get the attention it deserves.

-
Back