Rear Window Defrost

-

321Scamp

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to get for next to nothing a electric rear defrost window, that is in almost perfect condition, out of a Dart for my car. Were these part of the highly optioned Darts? Should I go for it? The guy says he thinks he also has the wiring harness for it too. He also has a pair of very nice 67-69 Dart doors, these won't work for me though.

scamp, I have a '73 duster with electric rear defrost and I thought it was an aftermarket kit. my guess would be that there were VERY few like that if it is factory. I have never seen another one than mine until now.

If that dude has all of the stuff that goes with it, I say get it!

DSCF0111 (Small).JPG

I bought one a few years back for $125 without a switch and harness.
Toolmanmike

The rear defogger (fan blower) was the only available until 74 when the electric defrost came out. I think they did away with the fan at that point. The electric version was probably cheaper to produce.

That will work pretty well then. It is going into a 74, so it will be a correct factory look.

I just got the window today. The guy just gave it to me because is just sold the house that he had all his stuff in it. It does not have the wiring harness but it is in fairly good shape. The grids are not broke but one end has some discoloration. Is this fixable?

-
Back