Rear Window Reg Delete Q's...

-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
So being i dont take them out all that often i was wondering how you guys keep your 1/4 windows up without the regulators??

for now they will stay GLASS...

tips and pics?

So you want to remove the regulator but keep the glass and tracks?? I would wedge a piece of wood in there the correct length if it's going to be temporary.

So you want to remove the regulator but keep the glass and tracks?? I would wedge a piece of wood in there the correct length if it's going to be temporary.

rather have it fixed in the up right position... no need for the regs or tracks... for weight....

On mine I used aluminum strips about 1in wide. I ordered a book through Mancini and it has all the measurements from the original SuperStock Cars. You don't need the book to figure it out though. The Glass has two holes at the bottom where you can attach the Brackets. I found some rubber grommets kinda like what you would put in a Valve cover for a PCV valve and put them in the glass and ran the bolts through them. I also used Nyloc Nuts so I didn't have to crank down the bolts to tight on the glass. Once you have that figured out, run your brakets down and drill some holes behind your rear door panel and bolt them up.

Your neighbor John, aka hemicop, has the book that details how the Super Stock stuff was done in 68. I am pretty sure he has all the regulators pulled out of his car, might want to pay him a visit.....

On mine I used aluminum strips about 1in wide. I ordered a book through Mancini and it has all the measurements from the original SuperStock Cars. You don't need the book to figure it out though. The Glass has two holes at the bottom where you can attach the Brackets. I found some rubber grommets kinda like what you would put in a Valve cover for a PCV valve and put them in the glass and ran the bolts through them. I also used Nyloc Nuts so I didn't have to crank down the bolts to tight on the glass. Once you have that figured out, run your brakets down and drill some holes behind your rear door panel and bolt them up.

yea thats kinda along the lines of what i was thinking...

Your neighbor John, aka hemicop, has the book that details how the Super Stock stuff was done in 68. I am pretty sure he has all the regulators pulled out of his car, might want to pay him a visit.....

i might have to! if he is ever home...

-
Back