[WANTED] Rear window seal for a 66 Valiant, four door

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few private connections that I know of.... and as soon as hear back from them, I will forward there information to you, if I can come up with what you need.

I have a few private connections that I know of.... and as soon as hear back from them, I will forward there information to you, if I can come up with what you need.
That would be great. Unfortunately, the friend can't find anything anywhere...

Hi. Steele Rubber Products is looking for a old one to copy. do any one have a old one to send in ?

We have "roll stock extrusion" material available for the rear windshield on a '66 Valiant....

Roll Stock Extrusions Seals:
These Seals are Molded Extrusion pieces - a requirement due to the rather limited usage. They fit and work as well as the one piece seals. Just butt the ends with the gel-type superglue and install.

GG-W45....1966 Valiant/1963 Dart...Top seal – Backglass (use with #GG-W46)...$205
GG-W46....1966 Valiant/1963 Dart...Bottom Seal – Backglass (use with #GG-W45)...$205

FABO member @Jim Kueneman recently used these seals on his '66 Valiant. If you search the "Member's Restorations" section, you can find his thread where he installed these on his car.

While they may not be the most ideal seals, I seriously do not forsee any companys that are willing to lay out the needed "up-front" cash to produce the one-piece seals for such a limited use.

1966 Factory V8 Valiant Signet Restoration For My Other Daughter

Last edited:
Hi. Steele Rubber Products is looking for a old one to copy. do any one have a old one to send in ?

I do have a nice old one but I talked to them last year and they were not interested unless someone footed the tooling costs ($50k+). Are they really interested and do they do realize they would need to make a custom width sealing strip as well?

Jim

Last edited:
We have "roll stock extrusion" material available for the rear windshield on a '66 Valiant....

Roll Stock Extrusions Seals:
These Seals are Molded Extrusion pieces - a requirement due to the rather limited usage. They fit and work as well as the one piece seals. Just butt the ends with the gel-type superglue and install.

GG-W45....1966 Valiant/1963 Dart...Top seal – Backglass (use with #GG-W46)...$205
GG-W46....1966 Valiant/1963 Dart...Bottom Seal – Backglass (use with #GG-W45)...$205

FABO member @Jim Kueneman recently used these seals on his '66 Valiant. If you search the "Member's Restorations" section, you can find his thread where he installed these on his car.

While they may not be the most ideal seals, I seriously do not forsee any companys that are willing to lay out the needed "up-front" cash to produce the one-piece seals for such a limited use.

I quick footnote is I should have made the top and bottom pieces just bit longer... Tight on the glass is not the right answer, you should give it about 1/2" extra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back