[WANTED] Rear Window Trim

-

tuttibuon

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 64 Barracuda and am looking for a reproduction of the rear window center, right and left trim. I ordered them from Classic Industries but they have been on backorder for 3 years!

Thanks, Joe Pannone

I'm sure there's only one source reproducing these so if Classic doesn't have them chances are no one else will or the price will probably be higher based on availability. Re-plating would be another option but you would need good cores. Are you interested in used pieces that may be better than what you currently have?

We are currently out-of-stock on that rear windshield molding set....both the 64/65 version as well as the 66 version.

We have another Purchase Order in with our manufacturer, but no idea at this time what the ETA will be....

I'm sure there's only one source reproducing these so if Classic doesn't have them chances are no one else will or the price will probably be higher based on availability. Re-plating would be another option but you would need good cores. Are you interested in used pieces that may be better than what you currently have?
Thanks. If the used pieces are in pretty good shape and still have the colored logos that could work. Do you have pics of them?

We are currently out-of-stock on that rear windshield molding set....both the 64/65 version as well as the 66 version.

We have another Purchase Order in with our manufacturer, but no idea at this time what the ETA will be....
That;s the same thing Classic Industries tells me. Can you give me the name of the manufacturer? Can you tell them I would be willing to pay a premium if I can get what I want in a reasonable timeframe?

Thanks!

That;s the same thing Classic Industries tells me. Can you give me the name of the manufacturer? Can you tell them I would be willing to pay a premium if I can get what I want in a reasonable timeframe?

Thanks!

......getting them any faster would be like trying to pull teeth out of a chicken....the set-up time to get a production run going for any die-cast part is not something that happens with a snap-of-the-fingers.....and they certainly wouldn't even entertain the thought to produce just one or two sets.

Thanks Rick. Guess I'll keep on trying. Any point in putting in an order with you for the three pieces? Any other ideas on how I may find what I want?

Used would be the only place at the moment, but they are all 60 years old at this point.....so that's kind of an exercise in futility. I have a 65 Barracuda, so I understand...lol.

Thanks Rick. Guess I'll keep on trying. Any point in putting in an order with you for the three pieces? Any other ideas on how I may find what I want?
If you'd like, please give me a call at 877-930-4088 and we can go thru the details....

Rick

As JDMopar mentioned, the parts are 60 years old. Unless you're looking for a temporary fix depending on the quality you already have you'll probably have to wait, this is what I have. The center piece is rough IMO. The left was re-plated a few years back and the right side does show speckling and crazing. At some point I'll probably break down and buy a new set.

IMG_E4435.JPG

IMG_E4436.JPG

IMG_4433.JPG

IMG_4434.JPG

IMG_4432.JPG

As JDMopar mentioned, the parts are 60 years old. Unless you're looking for a temporary fix depending on the quality you already have you'll probably have to wait, this is what I have. The center piece is rough IMO. The left was re-plated a few years back and the right side does show speckling and crazing. At some point I'll probably break down and buy a new set.

View attachment 1716247713

View attachment 1716247714

View attachment 1716247716

View attachment 1716247717

View attachment 1716247718
Thanks! Where would you buy the new set? Your left and right look pretty decent. How much would you charge?

-
Back