Reasonable price for kelsey hayes disc brake setup?

-

lee g

Reaction score
I know someone that has the Kelsey Hayes disc brake setup that includes the upper control arms, spindles, shields, calipers, and rotors. It was unbolted off the car and sits as it was just without the lower controls arms. No proportion valve or master cylinder / booster. Would like an idea of what it is worth.

I would say $250 to $300 if in good shape and useable, I used to sell them for $375 with the Prop. valve master cly. and booster. That was a couple years ago, dont think they would sell for that much now.

I know someone that has the Kelsey Hayes disc brake setup that includes the upper control arms, spindles, shields, calipers, and rotors.

I paid $250 for what you listed as well as the lower control arms. This was at the 2010 Spring Fling.

I gave $350 for a set 8 months ago and $150 for a set with a loaded 340 K frame 4 months ago. It all depends where you get lucky enough to find them and what part of the country you are in. Core value on each caliper is nearly $60 now at Rock Auto.

The price of scrap cars is taking some of our parts out of the market because the scrappers just have no idea that the parts are worth anything.

For a setup that's USEABLE and ready to bolt on and go I think it would be worth more than 250. That would be core price.

yea, the k-h do bring money as a core set. i have sold them and seen them go for anywhere between 250-350.00

That was my thought. I would expect a complete ready to bolt on set to be maybe 400-500. Especially if the rotors are still good and thick and the pads are good or new.

well, to be more specific, i have seen ready to bolt on sets go for 700.00 on here, and they sold! which if you think about it, it cuts out all the hunt for stuff, and costs the same!

Thanks for all the replies. I will see what I can get them for.

-
Back