Rebirth of Dustbull-with 408ci, efi, t56, dana 60

-
Thanks guys, I'll post some files of my templates when the cars held its own weight for more than a week! I was able to set the pinion angle (moved it 15+ degrees up from pics above) and got the axle position set front to back in the car, I still need to check side to side alignment, make new brake lines, and replace the axle seals/bearings this week.

Well it's finally on the ground! I drove it a couple miles and everything went great. I took some video of the suspension too, I'll be uploading it later.

The next step is to find a good tuner to get my efi where it needs to be, and before or after that I need to rebuild my transmission.

The car stance looks good but looking at your coil overs, they look fully compressed. Most coil spring manufactures recommend 25-33% compression for proper operation, how's the ride ?

Thanks, The ride is good, especially from what I was previously used to. if you look in some past posts you can see the coilovers uncompressed. For some reason these springs that came with the conversion kit have the bottom half of the coils closer together/tighter wound at rest.

Heres the video, for some reason it attached w/the volume on mute but there is sound...im running open collectors at the moment: just some easy cruising mostly 2nd thru 5th.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STO4AmggONE"]71 Demon 4 Link Coilover Suspension - YouTube[/ame]

Dustbull, tell me after what has been at least a year, do you regret not doing a shiny paint job? How has the suede held up? Knowing what you know now, would you do it the same or change it, if you went back in time? I am debating my paint right now. If I go flat to satin white, it speeds up my timeline to driver immeasurably. However then I always think about the final finish and appearance. Will I tire of the suede paint? Thanks. Dan

What camera did you hang under the back of your car. It seemed to pickup the sound perfectly

71dusterdan, I personally like the satin look. The only bad thing I can think of is that grease/greasy fingerprints don't just wipe away. My duster was flat/satin black for two years in the Florida sun with no wax and held up fine, the demon was 6 months before I moved into a house with a garage. I've never tried to apply wax, not sure how you would do it.

Mr2.4, the camera is a gopro hero 3 with the 'open' case back

just sat here reading your thread for over an hour.

good on you for sticking at it! i would have lost my rag the second time you got hit.

Nice work!

Thanks for the compliments!

It's good to finally have the thing on the ground again. This weekend I replaced the timing chain cover gasket that was leaking coolant for a while. I was going to drive the car to work this week, but my clutch reservoir cracked when I was trying to stop a leak from it. But the next big step is to find a good tuner somewhere close-ish to me...

-
Back