Rebuild 65 dart chassis

-

firearrowsrs

Reaction score
I am looking at a very nice looking 65 dart. Top is great. Bottom not so much. Torsion bar spun the rear mount in crossmember (rust). after more inspection there are more frame issues, rust holes her and there. Is there a vender or other place to look at repair parts for this car?

You can get some floor pans and quarter panel and rear wheel arch patches but that's about it. Check with Layson's website They would be your best bet. You can buy used from members here that are scrapping cars or buy from places like Desert Valley Auto Parts near Phoenix.

toolmanmike’s advice is good. Desert Valley had a pretty good selection of parts for ‘65’s when I was there a few years ago. Lee Robinson has been good for me to deal with. I was lucky to find a local two-door post ‘65 that supplied a lot of parts for my GT. Floor pans, trunk floor, shock mount, trunk surround, package tray, etc. My car will probably have less than half it’s original sheet metal when I’m done. I’m a big fan of donor cars if you can find one. most parts from a two door post car will interchange with a hardtop. Notable exceptions would be the rear quarter windows. Front fenders are very hard to find. I would like to find a good right front, but no luck so far.

classic industries has frame rails, torsion repair, control arm repair.

-
Back