Rebuild carb and sell or sell as is?

-

68fastback

Reaction score
I have a Holley 700 double pumper part number 4778-2 that has been sitting for a couple of years in the shop. I am wondering if I should sell as is or rebuild it and sell it for more. I would also like to know what I should ask for it either way.

Thank you.

Brad

That's what I am asking.LOL I dont know what its worth. Hold on a couple of min. Let me put some pics on here.

Pics

today 035.JPG

today 037.JPG

today 045.JPG

today 039.JPG

today 044.JPG

Im shutting down for the night so you can think of a price and let me know, other than that I am wanting to know what everybody thinks its worth and should I rebuild it before I sell it or not.

Thank you

Brad

my self wen i buy a used carb id rather do it my self.not saying you dont know what your doing.just i have to many used cabs dun wrong but that's my thuat..

It,s gonna need a re-build anyway,might as well sell as is and let someone else build it their own way.Any mods they can do while rebuilding it.Then on the flip side,it,ll be worth more rebuilt.

I'd rather buy a carb and rebuild it myself. That way, I know it was done right.

I'm actually going to drop it off at the shop and have it rebuilt. I might end up running the carb myself. The carb has been sitting for a long time (about 10 years) I don't want to sell it not knowing if it is even any good or not.

-
Back