Rebuild or New??

-

Tnutz144

Reaction score
Been having some issues with my 904 over the past week....came to a head the last 2 days when I have no 2nd gear either manually shifting or in auto....just put a 3500 stall and a Turbo Action valve body in about 2 months ago, and it really woke it up until the problems started...the question is, do I spend the money on a rebuild, or just go with a new one? I have been checking out the Turbo Action 904's on Summit, going for just under $1K with a shift kit already in it....also looking at Performance Automatic one that's a little more...don't have a lot of green to throw around these days, as everyone else, but I don't wanna put money into something and have further problems down the road....any advice?

there are no new 904s.....anything that is for sale has been rebuilt...

if you lost second gear...check your band adjustment...the front servo..and the band strut...

I realize that....I am asking if anyone has bought one of the already built transmissions versus having what you have rebuilt....it's one thing if you know how to do them yourself (which I don't) and you know it's done right, or taking your chances hoping someone else does it right and that it will last (which you're also hoping when you get one of the "store bought" ones)...I was basically checking to see if anyone has had good experience with a "store bought" tranny (TCI, Turbo Action, etc.).....

-
Back